Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Teaching is tough

So I helped Deb give a lesson yesterday for Teacher's Without Borders. We were basically teaching some Biology to Cambodian teachers. I gave a little lesson on plant anatomy, water movement through xylem and phloem which was followed by some microscope work. Things go really slow when you need to have a translator convey your ideas for you.
When it came time for the hands on lab work: total chaos ensued. The students got really excited about cutting up plant parts for viewing. I'm not sure my planned lesson actually got across entirely, but it was a good learning experience for me nonetheless.
For now, I think I will leave the teaching to Deb.
Going for a little bike ride today I think, and pics are being uploaded as we speak.
Talk to you all soon,
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment